Headquartered at Secunderabad, the Railway Recruitment Cell under the South Central Railway is offering consistent support for competent selection of candidates in various profiles of junior level operation. With the recent notification from RRC-South Central Railway, there are almost 2801 posts are vacant in the Pay Band-I (previously Group D), which are to be filled on a merit selection order from open market.
The detail of the vacancies and the criteria for selection is detailed as under: Employment Notice No. RRC/SCR/Group-D/1/2013
- Date of publication of notification: 30-Aug-2013
- Closing date of receipt of application: 30-Sept-2013 till 1700 hours
- Closing date of receipt of application For residents of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep and other far-flung areas: 15-Oct-2013 till 1700 hours
Vacancy Positions- Number of Cumulative Vacancies: Total 2801 Posts
- Trackman (Engineering): 1979 Positions (SC-297, ST-148, OBC-534, UR-1000 out of which Ex-Sm-396 & Not Suitable for PWD)
- Helper-II (Electrical, Engineering, Mechanical & S&T): 440 Positions (SC-66, ST-33, OBC-119, UR-222 out of which Ex-Sm-88 & PWD-84)
- Assistant Pointsman (OPTG): 382 Positions (SC-57, ST-29, OBC-103, UR-193 out of which Ex-Sm-76 & & Not Suitable for PWD)
TOTAL: UR-1415, OBC-756, SC-420, ST-210, & Ex-SM-560, PWD-84
Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for these posts will be offered a scale of Pay Band – I at the rate of Rs.5200-20200 & Grade Pay of Rs. 1800
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per Railways Administration
- The applicants should have completed Matriculation (10th Standard) / should have completed ITI in concerned trades or above.
- Candidates appearing in their Matriculation or awaiting results are not eligible to apply for the positions.
- The candidates applying for these positions should be under 18-33 years of age as on 01-Jan-2014.
- However, relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per Railways (Central Govt.) norms.
- For General & OBC: Rs.100 (Rupees One Hundred Only)
- For SC/ ST/ Economically Backward/ Women/ Ex-SM/ PWD categories: Fees exempted
How To Pay The Examination Fee:
- The fee can be paid in the form of an Indian Postal Order/ Crossed Demand Draft only drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, South Central Railway, Secunderabad -500 071 and payable at Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- Candidates are advised to write their own address, employment notice no., name of post and their name on the backside of IPO/ DD
- Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written examination followed by physical efficiency test (if required).
- After the candidates are selected, they will be intimated by post.
- A medical fitness test conducted by the board will be required to be passed.
How To Apply:
- The candidates can download the format of Application from the website of the RRC-South Central Railway at http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in
- The candidates are required to print the form in a Good quality A4 size paper and fill up the form, in own handwriting, in black or blue pen with ball point, with all other details as asked.
- Photographs should be pasted as and where it is required along with the signatures at the right place. Candidates need to send the applications by ordinary post only after filling up all the details and attaching the documents as required.
- Applications completed in all respect and enclosed with all essential documents should be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR ERSTWHILE GROUP-D POSTS – GRADE PAY – RS.1800, EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO: RRC/SCR/GROUP-D/1/2013” in bold and capital letters.
- This envelope should be forwarded through ORDINARY POST only so as to reach on or before the last date specified
- Address to send the completed application:
Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment)
Railway Recruitment Cell, South Central Railway
Written Examination Control Centre, Railway Bungalow No. – 100
Opp. St. Anthony’s Church, Beside MettuGuda Bus Stop, South Lallaguda
Secunderabad – 500 017 (Andhra Pradesh)
Where Can You Get The Details Of This Advertisement?
Candidates can visit the official website at http://126.96.36.199/rrc_web/E.Notification%202013%20PDF/Employment%20notification%202013.pdf to download the applications and know about any other details.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh