Indian Railways is one of the largest employers in the world with an estimation of over 1.61 million employees covering a vast network of rail transport. To streamline its work flow this mammoth organization has been divided over several zones out of which North Eastern Railway is considered as one of the prominent Railways zones in India. Headquartered at Gorakhpur, the Railway Recruitment Cell under the North Eastern Railway is offering consistent support for competent selection of candidates in various profiles of junior level operation.
With the recent notification from RRC-North Eastern Railway, there are almost 1442 posts are vacant in the Pay Band-I (previously Group D), which are to be filled on a merit selection order from open market.
The detail of the vacancies and the criteria for selection is detailed as under: Employment Notice No. NER/RRC/D/4/2013-14
- Date of publication of notification: 24-Aug-2013
- Closing date of receipt of application: 24-Sept-2013 till 1800 hours
- Closing date of receipt of application For residents of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep and other far-flung areas: 08-Oct-2013 till 1800 hours
Vacancy Positions- Number of Cumulative Vacancies: Total 1442 Posts
(For different Divisions and Workshops of North Eastern Railway and RDSO-Lucknow)
The vacancies intimated are for Khalasi (in C&W, Electrical, Mechanical, Signal, Tele, Operating departments), Safaiwala (in Medical, C&W, and Mechanical Departments), Helper, Salesman, Cook, Helper (in Signal, Tele, Optg, and Mech. Diesel Department), Porter, gateman, Trackman, X-ray attendant, etc. positions. For details of the vacancies, candidates are advised to visit the detailed advertisement at www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in
Out of the total 1442 Positions, 672 Posts are reserved for UR candidates, 367 Posts for OBC candidates, 256 posts for SC candidates, and remaining 138 Posts are reserved for ST candidates. Out of the total 177 Posts are reserved for EXSM and 09 Posts are reserved for PWD candidates as per rules.
UR-672, OBC-367, SC-256, ST-138, & Ex-SM-177, PWD-09
Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for these posts will be offered a scale of Pay Band – I at the rate of Rs.5200-20200 & Grade Pay of Rs. 1800
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per Railways Administration
- The applicants should have completed Matriculation (10th Standard) / should have completed ITI in concerned trades or above.
- Candidates appearing in their Matriculation or awaiting results are not eligible to apply for the positions.
- The candidates applying for these positions should be under 18-33 years of age as on 01-Jan-2014.
- However, relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per Railways (Central Govt.) norms.
- For General & OBC: Rs.100 (Rupees One Hundred Only)
- For SC/ ST/ Economically Backward/ Women/ Ex-SM/ PWD categories: Fees exempted
How To Pay The Examination Fee:
- The fee can be paid in the form of an Indian Postal Order only drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, North Eastern Railway
- Candidates are advised to write their own address, employment notice no., name of post and their name on the backside of IPO
- Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written examination followed by physical efficiency test (if required).
- After the candidates are selected, they will be intimated by post.
- A medical fitness test conducted by the board will be required to be passed.
How To Apply:
- The candidates can download the format of Application from the website of the RRC-North Eastern Railway at http://www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in
- The candidates are required to print the form in a Good quality A4 size paper and fill up the form, in own handwriting, in black or blue pen with ball point, with all other details as asked.
- Photographs should be pasted as and where it is required along with the signatures at the right place. Candidates need to send the applications by ordinary post only after filling up all the details and attaching the documents as required.
- Applications completed in all respect and enclosed with all essential documents should be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR GROUP-D POSTS – NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY AND RDSO/ LUCKNOW” in bold and capital letters.
- This envelope should be forwarded through ORDINARY POST only so as to reach on or before the last date specified
- Address to send the completed application:
Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment)
Railway Recruitment Cell, North Eastern Railway
CCM Annexe Building, Railway Road No.14, Gorakhpur (UP) – 273012
Where Can You Get The Details Of This Advertisement:
Candidates can visit the official site at http://www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in/uploads/files/1377586392043-RRC%20Group%20D%20Ad%20English%20Page-1.pdf to download the applications and know about any other details.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh