Established in the year 2005-2006 the Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Chennai was incorporated under the Southern Railways. The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Chennai was mainly set for the recruitment of staff of category Group D and Group C. Being one of the prominent Railway Divisions of India Southern Railway bears ample significance in overall Rail Transport System in India.
With the recent Notification from the Railway Recruitment Cell, Chennai, Southern Railway is inviting competent applications for filling up 813 vacancies against Ex-Servicemen Quota.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under.
Employment Notice No: RRC/01/2013 Dated 08-June-2013
Most Important Dates:
- Closing Date and Time of receipt of Completed Application: 08-July-2013 till 1700 hours
- Closing Date and Time of receipt of Completed Applications from far-flung areas: 22-July-2013 till 1700 hours
Details of Vacancies: Total 813 Posts
- Group ‘D’ posts in Southern Railway: 793 posts
- Group ‘D’ posts in Integrated Coach Factory, Chennai: 20 posts
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800 along with other perks and remunerations
- The candidates who have completed 15 years of Service in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force and have completed the Army Class-I certificate or equivalent are eligible for these posts.
- The applicant should be within 18-33 years of age as on 01-July-2013
- However, for Ex-Servicemen Candidates the relaxation will be in accordance with the tenure of service plus 3 years (the applicants must have taken at least 6 months of continuous service in Defense)
- The discharged service personnel should be medically fit to join the service in Group ‘D’ cadre
Application Fee and Form charges:
- No application fee
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done primarily through their length of Defense Service. The applicants should be medically fit to join the service of Indian Railways
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of the RRC Chennai at http://www.rrcchennai.org.in
- The applications forms should be typed on a Good quality A4 size paper and must be printed on single side only
- The candidates have to complete their application form and attach that with their Military Service Book copy and other essentials like Caste certificate etc and send that to the address specified (below), so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “Application For Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen Quota, Southern Railway”
- The address to send completed Application:
The Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment)
Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway
3rd Floor, No.5, Dr. PV Cherian Crescent Road
Egmore, Chennai – 600 008
Post Author: Priyanka Singh