Incorporated in the year 1980, Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore was set up with a main objective of recruiting staff for Group C under numerous categories for various Railway establishments which fall under its jurisdiction. Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore is functioning under the Ministry of Railways which under the sovereign government of India. It is headed by the Railway Recruitment Control Board, New Delhi. Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore is situated near the Cantonment Railway Station of Bangalore within a radical distance of approximately 6 kilometers from the railway station of Bangalore City. The name of Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore initially was Railway Service Commission and in the year 1982 it was renamed as Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore.
Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore belongs to the South Western Railway division and presently has its office on Miller’s Road, Bangalore.
Objective of setting Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore:
The main objectives for setting up Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore are:
- To recruit the candidates who belong to interior sides and far flung areas through proper procedure
- To recruit the staff from the general mass through competitive selection
- To rationalize the load of present Railway Recruitment Boards
- To carry recruitment as per the norms of Indian Railways
- To expedite the procedure of selection through zonal and regional basis but on a countrywide invitation
An appeal to the aspiring and potential candidates:
The Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore carries examination each year for Group C profiles for particular divisions of Indian Railways and hire individuals of merit in a transparent and fair manner. The examinations of Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore are of objective choice type and multiple choice types normally conducted on OMR answer sheets. The scanning is computerized and is being resorted to scrutiny. There are many examinations which might be conducted on-line while the results are announced soon after the completion of the examination. The selections of the candidates are based solely on merit.
Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore does not run any training or coaching center and nor is any centre allowed to do so. So the students must be aware of the unscrupulous and fraud individuals and coaching centers which collect money from the aspiring and potential candidates. They make false promises of supplying them with the question papers or making them get the job under the VIP reservation quota. It must be remembered that nothing of such kind of possible.
Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore issues an appeal in the interest of the candidates to prevent getting the way which is lead by some mischievous elements and if any, the Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore cannot be held accountable for any this kind of misadventure if happened on account of the candidates.
Selection procedure of Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore:
The Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore recruits the staff for Group C for various Zonal Production/Railways Units. In addition it also carries out recruitment for Group D cadre of recruitment under its supervision. In total there are nineteen Railway Recruitment Boards besides Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore which meets the particular zonal staffing needs. On the basis of the indents received, the employment notifications are published in the employment newspaper which is a publication of the Government of India and other indicative advertisements which are made in the newspapers. Normally the notifications are published by the Railway Recruitment Board one or two times in a year which are based on the needs and requirements of the Indian Railways in the specific railway divisions.
System adopted by Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore for recruitment:
So as to ensure the uniformity throughout the Railway Recruitment Boards, there is a normal format for submitting the application. The procedure adopted in the selection of Railway Recruitment Board is:
- Receive and analyze the applications in accordance with varied eligibility criteria
- List the eligible candidates for preliminary scrutinee
- Fix the date and centre of examination
- Issue the call letters and admit card to the eligible candidates for the written examination
- Publish the list of rejected applications on the main website. Also list the reason for the same
- Hold the second stage written examination/ aptitude test/ skill test/ interview as per the rules and regulations
- Verify the documents for the applicants who have qualified all the phases of the examination
- Medical examination for declaring the candidate as medically sound and fit for doing the job
- Publication of final merit list for successful candidates
Documents required by Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore:
The various documents which are required by Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore for verification are:
- Academic and educational qualification credentials
- Date of birth proof
- Latest caste certificate
- Special advantage or consideration certificate in case of scheduled categories
- Physical deformity certificates for certain specific positions
- Certificate in support of specific skill
- Discharge credential in case of EX-servicemen
- NOC in case of the departmental applicants
It is worth noticing that the recruitment guidelines and policies for Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore are formulated by the Railway Recruitment Control Board, New Delhi. The RRB Bangalore is controlled and authenticated for its zonal level operations and is one of the major stakeholders of the comprehensive recruitment procedure adopted by the Indian Railway. RRB Bangalore Official Page
Post Author: Priyanka Singh