659 Constable Vacancies
The Indian Railway Protection Force (RPF) is an Indian Central Armed Police Force charged with protecting the Indian Railways. It has been powered to arrest without warrant for unlawful activities pertaining to possession and mishandling of Railway Properties. As the Protection force for the massive transit system of India, this force bears ample significance in maintaining Law and Order within the railway boundaries and its operations.
With its recent announcement, from the Railway Board, New Delhi, a notification has been issued to recruit 659 different positions of Ancillary Staff in different trades in Railway Protection Force and Railway Protection Special Force. Both Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for these vacancies.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Date of release of Notification: 06-Dec-2013
- Last Date for application: 30 days from the date of this application publication
- Last date for candidates applying from far-flung areas: 37 days from the date of publication of notification
Details of vacancies:
- Constable (Water Carrier): 406 Posts (UR-205, OBC-99, SC-67 & ST-35)
- Constable (Safaiwala): 117 Posts (UR-60, OBC-43, SC-06 & ST-08)
- Constable (Washer man): 53 Posts (UR-32, OBC-14, SC-03 & ST-04)
- Constable (Barber): 61 Posts (UR-36, OBC-12, SC-09 & ST-04)
- Constable (Mali): 07 Posts (UR-04, OBC-02, & ST-01)
- Constable (Tailor): 09 Posts (UR-06, OBC-02, SC-01)
- Constable (Cobbler): 06 Posts (UR-02, OBC-03, SC-01)
Out of the total declared posts, 10% will be reserved for Ex-SM and 10% for Female candidates.
The candidates selected for the posts will be eligible for Pay Band-I with Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade pay of Rs.2000 along with other allowances and perks.
Essential Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: The applicants should have completed Matriculation or equivalent examination. Ex-servicemen holding certificate in military music shall be permitted to apply.
- Age Limit:
Age (in completed years) for the recruitment is 18-25 years. However, upper age limit is relaxable for the reserved categories to the extent as applicable.
- Physical Standards:
- Height: 165 cm (157 cm for female), Chest (unexpanded): 80 cm and Chest (expanded): 85 cm
- Weight in proportion to height
- Relaxation will be applicable for deserving categories
Application Fees and Mode of Payment:
- For UR and OBC candidates: Rs.40
- For SC, ST, Ex-SM: Fees exempted
- The application fee is required to be paid in shape of crossed Demand Draft/ Bank Draft from any Nationalized Bank or Indian Postal Order from any Post Office in favour of “The Officer” as mentioned in the detailed advertisement at here Railway Recruitment 2014 for Ancillary Staff in Railway Protection Force and RPSF or at www.IndianRailways.gov.in
- No other modes of fee payment will be however acceptable
Mode of selection:
- The selection will be consisting of Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Fitness Test, Written Test, Trade Test, Document verification and Pre-recruitment Medical Examination.
How to apply:
- The application should be downloaded from the website of Indian Railway at website www.indianrailways.gov.in and should be printed or type-written on good quality A-4 size bond paper (80 GSM) using one side only.
- Candidates should fill up the application form in his/her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
- One photograph of recent date should be pasted with dimensions of 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm along with the signature in the space provided, while an identical photo has to be submitted along with application form.
- Information on the nearest railway station needs to be given by the SC/ST candidates. Correspondence address with legible pin code is to be given. All the remaining columns should be filled up as required of the candidates.
- Candidates will have to send one application only.
- On the envelope containing the application it should be clearly be written as: “Application For Constable category:……………. in RPF/RPSF”
- The applications must be sent through ORDINARY POST only
The application form should be addressed to:
The officer concerned as mentioned in the detailed advertisement.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh