Established with the order of the Railway Board in India, under the Ministry of Railways, the East Central Railway was incorporated as one of the 6 new zones under the Indian Railways. East Central Railway is having its Headquarters in Hajipur in the state of Bihar. The total network of East central railway extends to a distance of 3623 kms of route passing through the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
With the recent Notification from the East Central Railway, there is an announcement for induction of 902 posts of Group D category of posts with PB-1 and GP Rs.1800 structure and this is dedicatedly announced to recruit Ex-Servicemen in the vacancies. The Vacancies are mainly in Trackman/Gateman (Track Maintainer Grade IV) category.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under: Employment Notice No.ECR/HRD/Rectt./E.S.M/2012-13
Most Important Dates:
- Closing Date and Time of Receipt of Completed Application: 26-July-2013 till 1800 hours
- Closing Date and Time of receipt of Completed Applications from far-flung areas: 12-August-2013 till 1800 hours
Details of Vacancies: Total 902 Posts (The Vacancies notified vide this notification are to be filled against Ex-Serviceman quota)
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800 along with other perks and remunerations in Group “D”
- The candidates who have completed 15 years of Service in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force and have completed the Army Class-I certificate or equivalent or Matriculation are eligible for these posts.
- Ex-Servicemen who has already joined the other Govt. service on civil side after availing of benefits given to them as Ex-Servicemen for further employment, will not be eligible for recruitment against this notification
- The applicant should be within 18-33 years of age
- However, for Ex-Servicemen Candidates the relaxation will be in accordance with the tenure of service plus 3 years (the applicants must have taken at least 6 months of continuous service in Defense)
- The discharged service personnel should be medically fit as per the requisite Medical Standards to join the service in Group ‘D’ cadre
Application Fee and Form charges:
- No application fee
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done primarily through their length of Defense Service by scrutiny of application by Selection Panel. Physical Efficiency Test and Written Examination may be done for the same as per the decision of the Recruitment Panel. The applicants should be medically fit to join the service of Indian Railways. No Written Test or Interview will be conducted for these posts.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of the East Central Railway at www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in
- The applications forms should be typed on a Good quality A4 size paper and must be printed on single side only
- The candidates have to complete their application form and attach that with their Military Service Book copy and other essentials like Caste certificate etc and send that to the address specified (below), so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application (i.e. 20-July-2013)
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “Application for Recruitment of Ex-Servicemen against Employment Notice No.ECR/HRD/Rectt./E.S.M./ 2012-13 and Community of the candidate” at the top right of the envelope.
- The address to send completed Application:
Senior Personnel Officer(Recruitment)
CPO Office, E.C. Railway, Hajipur – 844101 (Bihar)
Post Author: Priyanka Singh