Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Recruitment 2014 for Various Non-Executive Disciplines
Delhi Metro Rail project is the flag-bearer of Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) in the country capital and is responsible to implement and regulate the operations of the Metro Rail system in the National Capital Region. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) is a joint venture company between the Govt. of India and the Govt. of NCT of Delhi and in the truest sense the lifeline of the National Capital Region. At present DMRC is empowered by 7500+ employees with MRTS activities spread over Delhi, NCR, Kochi & Jaipur etc., and carry about two million passengers per day in Delhi and NCR. In truest sense the Delhi Metro is known as the lifeline of Delhi at present.
With an intention to meet with the immediate requirement of various disciplines of Non-Executive Staff, the DMRC intends to fill up various positions through competent recruitment norms from young, eligible and enthusiastic candidates.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria of selection are detailed as under:
- Date of Publication of Advertisement: 11-Mar-2014
- Date of Starting of Online Submission of Application: 11-Mar-2014 from 1800 hrs
- Last date for generation of fee payment challan: 13-Apr-2014
- Last date for registration of Online Application: 15-Apr-2014
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy of Application: 22-Apr-2014
Name of the Vacancy and Number of Positions:
- Station Controller/ Train Operator (SC/TO): 98 positions (UR-51, OBC-26, SC-14, ST-07, ExS-14)
- Customer Relations Assistant (CRA): 234 positions (UR-120, OBC-63, SC-34, ST-17, ExS-33)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): 89 positions (UR-46, OBC-24, SC-13, ST-06, ExS-12)
- Junior Engineer (Electronics): 136 positions (UR-70, OBC-36, SC-20, ST-10, ExS-19)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical): 35 positions (UR-19, OBC-09, SC-05, ST-02, ExS-05)
- Junior Engineer (Civil): 32 positions (UR-18, OBC-08, SC-04, ST-02, ExS-04)
- Maintainer (Electrician): 199 Positions (UR-101, OBC-53, SC-30, ST-15, ExS-28)
- Maintainer (Fitter): 152 Positions (UR-78, OBC-41, SC-22, ST-11, ExS-22)
- Maintainer (Electronic Mechanic): 175 Positions (UR-90, OBC-46, SC-26, ST-13, ExS-25)
- Maintainer (Ref & AC Mechanic): 44 Positions (UR-24, OBC-11, SC-06, ST-03, ExS-06)
- For Station Controller/ Train Operator (SC/TO) And Junior Engineer: The candidates selected will be eligible to receive a pay scale in the range of Rs.13500 – Rs.25520 in the IDA pattern along with other remunerations as applicable.
- For Customer Relations Assistant (CRA): The candidates selected will be eligible to receive a pay scale in the range of Rs.10170 – Rs.18500 in the IDA pattern along with other remunerations as applicable.
- For Maintainer: The candidates selected will be eligible to receive a pay scale in the range of Rs.8000 – Rs.14140 in the IDA pattern along with other remunerations as applicable.
- Station Controller/ Train Operator (SC/TO): The candidates must have completed Three years Diploma in Engineering in the branches of Electrical/ Electronics or equivalent or BSC Hons (Physics/Chemistry/Maths) or BSc (Physics/Chemistry/Maths).
- Junior Engineer: The candidates must have completed Three years Diploma in concerned branches of Engineering or equivalent.
- Maintainer: The candidates must have completed ITI (from NCVT/ SCVT) in specific trade disciplines.
Age of the candidates:
- Maintainer: The applicants should have achieved 18 years of age and should not have crossed a maximum age of 25 years as on 01-Jan-2014.
- For all other posts: The applicants should have achieved 18 years of age and should not have crossed a maximum age of 28 years as on 01-Jan-2014.
- There will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC and other candidates as per the rules of the DMRC.
- For SC/ ST: Rs.150
- For all others: Rs.400
- The fees should be paid in shape of system generated fee payment challan at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) after a minimum of 24 hrs of generation of the Bank Challan in specially opened DMRC Account No. 33700092265.
- Only State Bank of India (SBI) has been authorized to collect the application fees.
- Any other mode of payment such as Cheques, Money Orders, Postal Orders, Pay Orders, Banker’s Cheques, Postal Stamps, etc., will NOT be accepted under any circumstances.
- The candidates selected for the posts will have to execute a surety bond (Rs.75000) along with the Cost of Training (Rs.15000 for Maintainer Posts and Rs.22000 for all others) to serve the corporation for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Either party can serve a three (3) months prior notice, before seeking resignation from the corporation.
- The selected candidates on appointment will be on Probation for a period of two years (including period of training)
- The candidates have to undergo a process consisting of Written Examination and Interview.
- The short-listing of the candidates will be done as per the DMRC recommendations and guidelines.
- All candidates have to appear a Pre-recruitment Medical Examination and successfully complete each stage of selection for final appointment.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through Online Mode of application as available at the website of the DMRC at http://www.delhimetrorail.com
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed application available at http://eapplynew.com/dmrc2014/pages/ADVT_No.DMRC_O_M_1_2014.pdf or at http://eapplynew.com/dmrc2014/pages/dmrcindex.htm , before applying online.
- No other mode of application will be acknowledged
- The candidates need to ensure that they pay the application fees and complete the essentials with facts on the application form.
- The candidates need to send the final application with photograph and signature to the following address so as to reach the DMRC by the scheduled date of receipt of application (i.e. 22-Apr-2014)
- The applications should be forwarded to DMRC by Ordinary Post only
- The duly filled in application form should be sent in an envelope super scribing on the cover prominently with the Name of Post/ Category of the post
- Address to send the completed Application:
Post Bag No. 9
Lodhi Road Post Office
New Delhi- 110003
Post Author: Priyanka Singh