Central Railway Initiates Special Recruitment Drive Against Physically Handicapped Quota
Employment Notice Number: HPB/706/RT/D/C/PHP/SRD-2012
Indian Railways is one of the largest employers in the world with an estimation of over 1.61 million employees covering a vast network of rail transport. To streamline its work flow this mammoth organization has been divided over several zones out of which Central Railway is considered as one of the prominent Railways zones in India.
In order to fill up the vacancies against Physically Handicapped Quota, the Central Railway is initiating a Special Recruitment Drive.
Vacancy Positions- Number of Cumulative Vacancies:
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist -29
- Commercial Clerk – 33
- Stenographer (Hindi) – 07
- Pro. ASM – 15
- Traffic Apprentice – 05
- Goods Guard – 12
- TC -11
- EC (Elect) – 02
- EC (Mech) – 02
- JE (Elect) – 08
- JE (Mech) – 02
- JE (Dsl and Mech) – 02
- JE (Sig) – 02
- JE (Tele) – 02
- JE (Civil) – 02
Numbers of Total Vacancies:
Total 137 out of which 65 are reserved for OH, 53 for VH, and 16 posts are reserved for VH.
(OH – Orthopaedically Handicapped, HH – Hearing Handicapped & VH – Visually Handicapped)
Scale of Pay:
- For, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Pro ASM & Goods Guard: Rs.5200-20200 & Grade Pay of Rs. 2800
- For Commercial Clerk: Rs.5200-20200 & Grade Pay of Rs. 2000
- For Stenographer (Hindi): Rs.5200-20200 & Grade Pay of Rs. 2400
- For TC: Rs.5200-20200 & Grade Pay of Rs. 1900
- For SE (Elect) & SE (Mech): Rs. 9300-34800 & Grade Pay of 4600
- For All others: Rs. 9300-34800 & Grade Pay of 4200
Date of publication of notification: 09-06-2012 (starting date for receipt of application)
Closing date of receipt of application: 09-07-2012 till 1800 hours
For residents of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep: 23-07-2012 till 1800 hours
For specific details on educational qualification, minimum and maximum age and nature of physical disability standards on account of individual specific posts please refer to the online advertisement of Railway Recruitment Cell of Central Railway at www.rrccr.com. Or click on the link here:
Relaxation in Upper Age limit:
The physically handicapped candidates belonging to OBC will be entitled to receive a relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit and that for the SC/St candidates will be relaxable up to 5 years.
- Before applying for any post, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility norms completely. The candidates should have the requisite Educational/ Technical qualifications from the recognised University/ Institutions as on the closing date of submission of the application. Those awaiting results of the final exams NEED NOT APPLY.
- The candidates who have been debarred by any RRB/RRC for life or for a specific period, for which the term has not been completed, NEED NOT APPLY.
- Application should be filled by the candidates either in Hindi or English in his/her own handwriting and must sign as well as put his/her Thumb impression at the prescribed space. The signature must be in running hand and not in block capital or disjoined letters. The SIGNATURES SHOULD MATCH AT ALL STAGES.
- The Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation /High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of the applications WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED.
- Dates of the Written Examination and results are published in the Employment News/Rojgar samachar and local Dailies newspapers. They are also given in the website of Central Railway “www.rrccr.com”.
- Call letters for the written examination are sent to the candidates by posts. The lists of eligible and ineligible candidates are also posted in the web site at least one week prior to the written examination.
- Central Railway will not be responsible for any Postal delay/wrong delivery of call letters/rejection letters. Central Railway is not bound to intimate candidates who are not selected in the written examination or any other test.
- Selected candidates will require to under-go training where ever prescribed for the posts.
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum pay of the pay band plus Grade Pay plus other allowances admissible at the relevant time.
- During the training period only stipend will be paid as applicable as per rules.
- Candidates may have to give security deposit and execute indemnity Bond where ever necessary.
- Persons with Disability are exempted from paying any Examination fees.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Community should submit their Caste Certificate in the prescribed format only.
- Physically Handicapped Certificate issued by Medical Board attached to the Special Employment Exchange or Vocational Rehabilitation Centre or by Civil Surgeon where such Board does not exist should be enclosed in the prescribed proforma.
Mode of Recruitment:
- For Posts at Serial No.2 & 5 to 15 — Written Exam followed by Document verification
- For Post at Serial No.1 — Written Exam & Typing Test followed by Document verification
- For Post at Serial No.3 — Written Exam & Speed Test followed by Document verification
- For Post at Serial No.4 — Written Exam & Aptitude test followed by Document verification
Other Essential Conditions:
a) Candidates will be subjected to usual medical examination by Railway Medical Authority prior to their appointment after due selection.
b) Candidates, if selected for any category for which pre-recruitment training is required, will have to undergo the prescribed training as per the rules in vogue.
How to Apply:
i) Willing eligible candidates who are having prescribed qualifications should submit their application in the enclosed format.
ii) Candidate has to apply as under. However preference of post may be indicated in the order of Priority against Column provided in the application form.
a) Single application, where minimum educational qualification required is matriculate or its equivalent – (Commercial Clerk, Stenographer & TC)
b) Single application where minimum educational qualification required is University Degree – (Jr. Account Asstt. sum Typist, Pro. ASM, Traffic Apprentice & Goods Guard)
c) Single application where minimum educational qualification required is Degree in Engineering- (SE (Elect), SE(Mech)
d) Single application where minimum educational qualification required is Diploma in Engineering. – JE(Elect), JE(Mech), JE(DSL & Mech), JE (Sig), JE(Tele), JE(Civil).
iii) Application will be rejected if found without necessary documents/certificates.
iv) Application forms of candidates having normal Physical fitness will not be accepted.
v) Application form should be submitted through ordinary post or to be dropped in the box provided for this purpose in the Office of Deputy Chief Personnel Officer (HQ), GM’s office, 1st Floor, Central Railway, Mumbai C.S.T.- 400001 on or before 09.07.2012 (18.00 hrs.) (For Andaman. Nichobar & Lakshwdeep on or before 23.07.2012 (18.00 hrs) except on Sunday and office holidays.
vi) Candidature of a candidate who is found bringing any approach/pressure will be summarily rejected.
vii) Candidates have to affix a coloured recent passport size photograph duly signed and attested by Gazetted Officer. Two Passport size photographs should also be enclosed. Name and address of the candidate should be written on the reverse of these photos.
viii) Incomplete/defective application forms will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this respect.
ix) Application forms should be filled in the prescribed format only.
x) Eligible candidate should appear in the written test, speed/typing test at his own expenses. However, Free passes will be issued to only SC/ST candidates as per rules.
xi) Those who are employed in Central/State Government Services should submit their application form with a “No Objection Certificate” from their Head of Department. Without N.O.C. the application form will be rejected.
xii) Two self addressed envelopes (size 26×12 cm) should be enclosed. One of them should be affixed with Rupees 5/- postage stamp.
xiii) The date of written test will be notified later.
xiv) For acceptance/rejection of application decision of Selection Board shall be final. No further correspondence and/or enquiry will be entertained in this respect.
xv) The decision of Central Railway regarding eligibility, acceptance or rejection etc. will be final and binding on the candidate
xvi) Any legal action arising out of the above will lie within the jurisdiction of Central Administrative Tribunal, Mumbai.
i) Attested photo copy of the Date of Birth certificate (Certificate of Secondary/Matriculation in which Date of Birth is mentioned).
ii) Attested photo copies of the academic and or technical educational qualifications as per requirement.
iii) Annexure ‘D’ where request is made for SCRIBE by Visually Handicapped candidates/those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy.
iv) Attested Photo copy of the caste certificate issued by the Competent Officer as per Annexure ‘A’ & ‘B’.
v) Attested photo copy of physical disability certificate as per Annexure ‘C’.
vi) No Objection Certificate of the employer, if applicable.
vii) Two self addressed envelops with one of them having affixed Rs.5/- postage stamp.
viii) Two recent pass port size photographs (Name and address should be written behind the photograph.)
ix) Attested copy of the certificate of audiogram of institute & registered medical authority by HH candidates.
NOTE: Details of Annexure as stated above can be found at the website of Railway Recruitment Cell of Central Railway at www.rrccr.com. Or click on the link here:
Post Author: Priyanka Singh